Archive for February, 2010
- Wed. 21st April at 7.30pm: AGM in Aveton Gifford Parish Hall; to be followed by a talk about the current focus and work of the Association.
- Wed. 12th May (provisional), lunch time: ‘Bluebell Picnic’ in Stiddicombe Wood
- Sunday 23rd May at 11.00am: Cockleridge beach clean in association with Marine Conservation Society
- Thursday 29th July at 6.00pm: Summer BBQ at Folly Hill Farm for members and guests
- Mid –August (TBA), depending on tides: a second attempt to find Dwarf Spike Rush at Bridge End with Gordon Waterhouse
- Sunday 19th September: 1100, Cockleridge - ‘Beachwatch’ beach clean up in association with Maya Plass (Learn to Sea)
- Mid- September (TBA): upper Avon walk from South Brent with Mary & Don Gaskins
- Tuesday 19th October: 1900, Thurlestone Parish Hall - Public lecture ‘ Water for Life, Water for Livelihoods’ by Paul Sadler (Environment Agency
- Mid-October (TBA): a Tidal Road clean up from AG and Bigbury
- Early November (TBA): Avon Mill restaurant – reunion meal (members only)
Further details about these and other events will be added to this website and e-mailed to members nearer the time. Please keep an eye open!
The application ‘window’ for the 2010 CSF Capital Grant scheme is likely to be March and April, only. Contact Lizbe Pilbeam for advice (07748 105971 or email@example.com) .
The top 5 priority grant areas for the Avon are: watercourse fencing; yard works for clean and dirty water separation; water troughs with associated pipework; livestock and farm machinery tracks; roofing for manure storage and livestock gathering areas.
CSF expects to offer £7.5m in grants to farmers in 50 catchments. You could be one of them! Why not simultaneously improve your farm and the quality of your local watercourses?
Jim Masters (DMF Coordinator) writes – Devon Maritime Forum will be starting the mapping process at its forthcoming Local Group Meeting for Marine Conservation Zones – a contracted arrangement with Finding Sanctuary. After a long period of talking, we are now ready to begin drawing lines on maps and seeing where this takes us. I will keep you updated with any progress as appropriate but this will be the start of defining the location of MCZs around the coasts of Devon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information